Liquor Liability


Let us protect your future with our liquor liability insurance

Owning a business that manufacturers, serves or sells alcohol comes with a unique set of risks that could potentially put your financial well-being in jeopardy. Whether you are at an established location or working at an event, it is essential to take the necessary precautions with our liquor liability coverage. This coverage will protect you in the case that a patron becomes too intoxicated and injures themselves or others. We know that you cannot always control people’s actions, so we want to help build you a solid plan to protect you and your business for the future.

Get a Quote

Who Needs Liquor Liability Insurance?

Any business that manufactures, serves or sells alcohol such as restaurants, bars, casinos, could be held liable for any damages or injuries that could occur by an intoxicated patron. These damages could be from the result of fights, auto accidents or any negligent behavior in general. Although it may make sense to place the blame on the individual who caused the damage, often the establishment is also held responsible and are at risk of being sued for extreme amounts of money. This is where liquor liability insurance comes into play. Power3 can help guide you in finding the right fit for your business when it comes to your plan.

Businesses that typically need liquor liability insurance:

  • Restaurants
  • Bars, taverns, pubs, nightclubs, etc.
  • Breweries, distilleries and wineries
  • Grocery stores
  • Liquor stores
  • Caterers

What Does Liquor Liability Insurance Cover?

Liquor liability insurance will cover your business for injuries and property damages including potential lawsuits. If you were to be taken to court, even if you are found to have acted properly in the situation and the lawsuit is dropped, legal defense costs and court fees could still drain your account. Having the right liquor liability policy will protect you against any litigation costs, including attorney and court fees. Making sure you have enough coverage for your business could save you more than hurt you in the end.

Types of Liquor Liability Laws

Liquor liability laws do vary by state, so it’s important to be educated when it comes to knowing what kind of coverage you need.

  • “Dram Shop” Laws: these laws will hold establishments who serve alcoholic beverages to visibly intoxicated individuals that cause harm to themselves, others or the property liable for their actions. This also includes selling liquor without a license, selling to minors and selling after hours.
  • Host Liquor Liability Insurance Policies: these policies will cover special events that choose to serve alcohol to their employees, guests and customers.
  • Liquor Legal Liability: this provides coverage for you if you become liable for bodily injuries or property damage caused by an intoxicated patron that you served.


We are committed to providing a personal, high-quality service

At Power3, we understand that most insurance products are generally similar in price and function. But some companies don’t thoroughly explain their policies which can become a bigger issue in the future. We built our company around trying to avoid just that– we promise honesty so that there are no surprises. Power3 will give you all the information and assistance you need when it comes to your personalized insurance plans and all-around well-being. 


Companies we partner with

We have your best interest at heart. With that, we only partner with trusted insurance companies we see as both affordable and of the highest quality.

Get a Liquor Liability quote

Fill out the online form below or call 630.397.0378 to get started on your free quote.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.